Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) provides you with an opportunity to gain recognition for previous relevant academic achievements and allows credits to be transferred to the new course to avoid the duplication of previous learning. Successful applicants must demonstrate they have previously achieved the learning outcomes for the module.
RPL may also be granted, if you have can demonstrate you have established knowledge, skills and experience gained through training courses, employment, professional development courses, voluntary work, private study and previous attendance at college and university could be counted toward your degree; if it is up-to-date, relevant to the course for which you are studying and if you can provide convincing evidence for it. For further information or to discuss your options, please attend one of our open/information events.
- Discuss your intention with the course leader and register your intention to them by email.
- Enrol onto the course you are interested in
- Contact your tutor and they will support you to complete the correct form
- Complete the RPL Application form and submit to your tutor
- Notification of credit awarded
Evidence Required to support your application for RPL
When assessing RPL for Accreditation your prior learning should be mapped to the learning outcomes of either individual modules within the course or the level/interim stage learning outcomes as stated in the course specification.
- A description of the content and learning outcomes of the programme/modules you have completed (e.g. extracts from a course handbook, module descriptors, a programme specification, or links to relevant web pages).
- An academic transcript of your previous programme of study. This should normally include confirmation of the institution and validating body; the course/programme title studied; your name; dates of study; and (where appropriate) modules passed, credit points achieved and final award.