Here at Coleg Gwent, we offer a range of trips around the UK, giving students the opportunity to have fun while learning about particular subjects and areas of the country. Our educational trips are used to support all kinds of subjects and help to bring learning to life. Throughout a range of exciting trips, students can develop a sense of responsibility outside the classroom, giving them opportunities to put into practice, the content learned in the classroom.
Some of trips that our students have been on this year include:
- Criminology and Sociology learners visited Shepton Mallet prison to undertake research within the environment
- A-level Photography learners attended Boomsatsuma in Bristol for a Creative Arts visit and careers pathway talk.
- A-level History and Access to Humanities learners visited the Imperial War Museum in London to support their studies with the Holocaust.
- Geography learners visited Iceland in November to view the Geology of the country and learn about the contexts of their studies into glacier activity.
- Politics and History learners went on an academic trip to Berlin.
- Photography students visited the Cannes Film Festival to photograph fashion models.