Jobs and careers
Coleg Gwent doesn’t just offer outstanding opportunities for its students, but for staff too. We’re an inclusive and diverse organisation, and working for us is fulfilling, exciting and engaging, as you help to shape the futures of young people.
As a member of our valued staff, you’d enjoy everything Coleg Gwent has to offer:
- Competitive salary within the Further Education sector
- Generous annual leave entitlement – minimum 28 days plus bank holidays
- LGPS or Teachers Pension Schemes
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities
- Free tuition on DfES funded courses
- Opportunity to learn Welsh
- Access to a health care scheme
- Free Employee Assistance programme
- Access to the Childcare Voucher and Cycle to Work Schemes
- Occupational health provision
- Leisure centre membership discounts
- Free parking at our main campuses
We’re committed to maintaining a respectful community where we can all learn, work, develop and grow in a dignified and safe place. Equality, diversity and inclusion is a priority at Coleg Gwent, and we recognise the need for positive action to make sure that:
- everybody has the support they need to achieve to the best of their ability
- everybody enjoys their time at college, with nobody treated less favourably on the grounds of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy/maternity status, lifestyle, social background, country of origin, language or any other grouping of our society
We’re committed to social justice – in other words, giving all individuals the opportunity to achieve their full potential – and we’re actively seeking to further diversify our workforce.
We’re committed to challenging the discrimination some groups experience in society, whatever form it takes, by making sure equality is at the heart of everything we do. We’ve developed inclusive practices in all areas to ensure all groups and individuals are able to work and learn in an environment which is free from discrimination and harassment on the grounds of gender, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family responsibility, trade union activity, religious or political belief.
We promote a culture which values diversity and equality of opportunity through a programme of dynamic, challenging and insightful events throughout the year. These promote awareness, bringing together both students and staff to learn, socialise and strengthen our community bonds. Together we aim to be an accepting community where everyone celebrates the differences between individuals and the benefits that diversity brings to the college.
Learn more about equality, diversity and inclusion at our college.
Our current vacancies include a Job Description and Person Specification, a Diversity & Equality Form and Guidance for Disclosure Applications. To apply online, click the button below.
Make sure you complete all sections and use this to provide us with information on how your skills, knowledge, experience and attitude match the person specification of the job. Then just click ‘Submit application’ to complete the process.
If you’re shortlisted, we’ll let you know by email or phone. Due to the volume of applications we receive, it’s our policy that we don’t let you know if you’ve been unsuccessful in the shortlisting process. Our HR team will be happy to help with any queries, or with completing your application form. They can be contacted at email@example.com
We take the protection of personal data very seriously, so the information you provide on our application form will be used to process your application under the legal basis of fulfilling a contract with you. Unsuccessful applications will be kept no longer than six months. Successful applications may be kept longer. Under current Data Protection legislation, you have some rights to the data we process about you.
To find out more, see our full privacy notice.
We have five campuses in South East Wales at Crosskeys, Newport, Cwmbran, Usk and Ebbw Vale. Simply click on the link to see the actual location of the vacancy.