Jobs and careers
Coleg Gwent doesn’t just offer outstanding opportunities for its students, but for staff too. Working for us is fulfilling, exciting and engaging, as you help to shape the futures of young people.
Why work for us?
As a member of our valued staff, you’d enjoy everything Coleg Gwent has to offer:
- Competitive salary within the Further Education sector
- Generous annual leave entitlement – minimum 28 days plus bank holidays
- LGPS or Teachers Pension Schemes
- Excellent career and personal development opportunities
- Free tuition on DfES funded courses
- Opportunity to learn Welsh
- Access to two health care schemes
- Free Employee Assistance programme
- Access to the Childcare Voucher and Cycle to Work Schemes
- Occupational health provision
- Leisure centre membership discounts
- Free parking at our main campuses
Equality & diversity
We’re committed to maintaining a respectful community where both learners and staff can learn, develop and grow in a dignified and safe place.
This means making sure that:
- everybody has the support necessary to achieve to the best of their ability
- everybody enjoys their time at College, with nobody treated less favourably on the grounds of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy/maternity status, lifestyle, social background, country of origin, language or any other grouping of our society
We’re committed to social justice – in other words, giving all individuals the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
We’re committed to challenging the discrimination some groups experience in society, whatever form it takes, by making sure equality is at the heart of everything we do.
Together we aim to be a tolerant community where everyone accepts the differences between individuals and celebrates the benefits that diversity brings to the college.
Apply for any of our vacancies online
Our current vacancies include a Job Description and Person Specification, a Diversity & Equality Form and Guidance for Disclosure Applications. To apply online, click the button below.
Make sure you complete all sections and use this to provide us with information on how your skills, knowledge, experience and attitude match the person specification of the job. Then just click ‘Submit application’ to complete the process.
If you’re shortlisted, we’ll let you know by email or phone. Due to the volume of applications we receive, it’s our policy that we don’t let you know if you’ve been unsuccessful in the shortlisting process. Our HR team will be happy to help with any queries, or with completing your application form. They can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Privacy – GDPR
We take the protection of personal data very seriously, so the information you provide on our application form will be used to process your application under the legal basis of fulfilling a contract with you. Unsuccessful applications will be kept no longer than six months. Successful applications may be kept longer. Under current Data Protection legislation, you have some rights to the data we process about you.
To find out more, see our full privacy notice.
We have five campuses in South East Wales at Crosskeys, Newport, Pontypool, Usk, Ebbw Vale and Newport City Centre. Simply click on the link to see the actual location of the vacancy.