BTEC Diploma in Vocational Studies - Business, Customer Service and ICT Level 1
Accountancy, Business and Law
Torfaen Learning Zone
04 September 2023
There are no formal requirements. However, an interest in learning about the different vocational areas is necessary.
In a nutshell
Our Vocational Studies courses are designed to introduce you to the area of study that interests you and help you to develop wider learning skills.
This course is for you if...
... You’re unsure about what to do or what to specialise in
... You want to try more than one vocational area
... You want to gain a great insight into college life
What will I be doing?
This course will provide you with a range of progression opportunities including further learning at the college on one of our next level courses, an apprenticeship or employment!
You'll get the opportunity to try more than one vocational area and develop practical, transferable skills by completing tasks that focus on demonstrating what you can do and what you have learned. You’ll be assessed through assignments and practical assessments.
The core units are the same across all our Vocational Studies courses, which helps you develop your skills within your chosen area. If you need to change to a different course, you can transfer the units studied on this course to your next one if needed.
The core units you will follow include:
- Being organised
- Developing a progression plan
- Working with others
- Researching a topic
The Business, ICT, Travel and Tourism and Public Services units may include:
- Developing Digital Information Using IT
- Using Digital Communication Technologies
- Creating a Spreadsheet to Solve Problems
- Creating a Website
- Organising a Meeting
- Branding a Product
- Presenting a Business Idea
- Contributing to Running an Event
- Recording Income and Expenditure
- Communicating with Customers
- Taking Part in Fitness Testing
- Responding to an Incident
- Planning and Navigating a Route
- Contributing to Your Community
- Exploring Local Visitor Attractions
- Exploring Travel and Tourism in the UK
- Delivering Customer Service in Hospitality and Tourism
What qualifications you'll achieve
What is expected of me?
There are no formal requirements. However, an interest in learning about the different vocational areas is necessary. You’ll need to be motivated, hardworking and willing to try new things. There’ll be an expectation that you practise skills and techniques in realistic work environments within college, allowing you to build on your employability skills. Attendance and punctuality for all sessions is a compulsory requirement of this course.
What comes next?
- You could continue your studies at Level 2 in a vocational area of your choice
- You could progress onto an apprenticeship
- You could get a job in your chosen field
Additional costs could occur during the year for educational visits.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team