How to Apply

Before you can apply for a Tier 4 General Visa, UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) require you to have both of the following:

SELT (Secure English Language Test)

A certificate demonstrating your level of English showing you’ve achieved the appropriate score. You can find out more here.

Maintenance Money

You’ll need to show UKVI that you have sufficient funds to live outside London for the first year of your course. The current figure is £8,000, and this can be held by your parents or you. You’ll also need to show that you have the course fee.

Once you meet the above requirements you can submit an application form to our International office at international@coleggwent.ac.uk  

How to apply to Coleg Gwent

Step 1 

Complete the International application form

Step 2 

Submit your application form with the following information (which can be scanned electronically):

  • A copy of your current valid passport
  • All your educational certificates from school, college or university
  • A copy of your SELT certificate

Step 3

Your application form will be processed and a Skype interview will be arranged.

Step 4

We’ll offer you a place on the course – you’ll need to formally accept the offer.

Step 5

You’ll then need to submit the following to the International team:

  • Tuberculosis Certificate (if required)
  • Your bank account information, together with your deposit (50% of the course fee)

Step 6 

Once we’ve received and processed all this, we’ll issue you with a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) with all the relevant course details.