City & Guilds NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery (Patisserie and Confectionery) Level 3
Catering and Hospitality
Start dates available from August 2023
In a nutshell
This course is designed to train chefs in complex and advanced food preparation and cooking skills, focusing on patisserie and confectionery.
This course is for...
…apprentices working in a kitchen
…those with an interest in patisserie and confectionery
…those wanting to build on their food preparation and cooking skills
Learners will study a broad selection of modules, including:
- Food safety
- Managing resources
- Prepare, cook and finish complex pastry products
- Prepare, process and finish complex chocolate products
- Prepare, process and finish marzipan, pastillage and sugar products
- Prepare, cook and present complex cold products
- Prepare, finish and present canapés and cocktail products
- Prepare, cook and finish complex hot desserts
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cold desserts
- Produce sauces, fillings and coatings for complex desserts
The course will be delivered within the workplace whereby an assessor will visit to complete workplace assessments and progress reviews.
Learners will need to be employed in an appropriate role to study this diploma.
The course will usually take 91 weeks to complete. After successful completion, learners can go on to study Higher Apprenticeship Level 4 in Hospitality and Catering.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team