YMCA Award in Instructing Kettlebell Training Sessions Level 2
Sport, Fitness and Leisure
Part Time Day
50% discount available to learners on a Means Tested Benefit
100% discount available to Under 19s dependent on course suitability.
Other fees may include any of the following: registrations, exam fees or any course materials
16 September 2023
In a nutshell
The aim of this qualification is to provide the learner with the skills required to plan, prepare and instruct kettlebell training, making the activities imaginative, progressive and effective.
This qualification is endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the management of sport and physical activity (CIMSPA).
This course is for...
... those who already have knowledge and skills in fitness instruction
... those who want to deliver training at a professionally competent level and to plan and deliver safe and effective kettlebell sessions.
This course is made up of two units:
- Planning kettlebell training session
- Instructing kettlebell training sessions
Elements of the course include:
- Understand the history and origins of kettlebell training
- Understand the benefits of kettlebell training
- Understand health and safety considerations for kettlebell training
- Understand how to incorporate kettlebell training into resistance sessions
- Be able to plan kettlebell training sessions
- Be able to prepare for kettlebell training sessions
- Be able to instruct kettlebell training
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to reflect on kettlebell training
- A suitable Level 2 (or higher) gym-based fitness instructing qualifications (e.g. YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing).
- Since the course requires physical exertion and individual participation, some degree of physical fitness is necessary.
After booking your course you have 14 days to change your mind and request a full refund. You can still request a refund after this date, but this will only be given if you meet the criteria from the college fee policy.
If your chosen course starts within 14 days of you booking your place, then the 14 day refund policy does not apply and any refund will be subject to the college fee policy.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team