YMCA Award in Group Exercise Instructing - Indoor Cycling Level 2
In a nutshell
This course enables learners to professionally plan and instruct Group Indoor Cycling sessions that are safe and effective within a gym or health club environment.
Learners will develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to become a group indoor cycling instructor, within context, meeting industry requirements set out within the CIMSPA professional standard.
This course is for...
... those who are already working in the fitness sector but would like to gain new skills
...individuals who want to 'top up' existing knowledge and skills to meet CIMSPA Core Group Exercise Instructor professional standard
Learners will develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to become a group exercise instructor, within context, meeting industry requirements set out within the CIMSPA core group exercise professional standard.
For the YMCA Level 2 Award in Group Exercise Instructing: Indoor Cycling, learners must achieve 2 mandatory units:
- Principles of planning and delivering group exercise
- Plan and deliver group indoor cycling
Held at the spin studio in the Usk campus, this course covers:
- The benefits of group indoor cycling
- Health and safety in relation to group indoor cycling
- How to design and teach safe and effective sessions
- The principles and variables used within a session
- How to monitor and motivate participants
- How to use music during sessions
- How to assess and reflect on providing group indoor cycling.
You’ll need to be fully committed to attendance and ready to participate in the sessions. You’ll be assessed through a portfolio of evidence and practical demonstration/assignment.
Once you’ve successfully completed the course you can progress on to Level 2 Gym, Level 2 Exercise to Music, Level 2 Exercise and Physical Activity for Children, Instructing Circuit Sessions or a job in the fitness industry.
You must have achieved the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing for entry to this course or previous completion of the following mandatory units:
• Anatomy and physiology for exercise and fitness instructors
• Providing a positive customer experience in the exercise environment
• Lifestyle management and health awareness
This course takes place over two days (on a weekend) at Usk campus, and being there on both days is compulsory.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team