In a nutshell
The course is intended to make employees at all levels aware of their responsibilities for safety in the use of abrasive wheels for all types of cutting and grinding applications (Stihl Saw, Angle Grinder, Chop Saw, Bench/Pedestal Grinder, Surface Grinder, Cylindrical Grinder etc).
This course is for...
...employees at all levels
...anyone who uses cutting and grinding applications as part of their normal work duties
The course covers the following topics:
- The Need to Train and Statutory Requirements
- Characteristics of an Abrasive Wheel and the Types
- Marking of Abrasive Wheels
- Hazards and Precautions to be taken
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Storage & Handling - The course is supplemented by a DVD and accident case study.
The Health & Safety course is followed by a practical awareness covering:
- Balancing of Grinding Wheels
- Correct Method of Dressing Wheels
- Adjustment of Guards and Rests
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
This course is normally delivered over 4 hours. Candidates who successfully complete the course can be awarded a Coleg Gwent certificate of attendance and may also wish to progress to our full range of accredited health and safety qualifications such as IOSH Managing Safely, NEBOSH or City & Guilds NVQs.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.