X Moving and Handling
In a nutshell
The course covers the general principles of manual handling accident prevention, raising the levels of safety awareness. It will assist in involving employees in health and safety improvement, teach delegates proper lifting techniques (kinetic lifting) and enable them to conduct simple manual handling risk assessments. As such, it can assist in highlighting common hazards likely to be encountered in most workplaces.
This course can be tailored to meet business requirements and working environments.
This course is for...
...all employees, including first line supervisors, with no formal manual handling training.
The course will cover how to:
- Identify common hazards likely to be present in the workplace.
- Use proper lifting techniques (kinetic lifting).
- Conduct simple manual handling risk assessments.
- Appreciate relevant legislation - HASWA 1974, Manual Handling Regulations 1992. Appreciate how their actions may endanger themselves, fellow workers or people passing through the workplace.
Although this is a non-assessed course candidates will undertake:
- Lifting techniques
- Identify risks and propose remediation
- A health and safety quiz
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
This course is normally delivered over a half day (3 hours). Delegates who successfully complete the course are awarded a Coleg Gwent certificate of attendance.
This course can also be delivered as an accredited HABC Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling (Manual Handling)
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.