VTCT Diploma in Beauty Therapy (Adults) Level 2
In a nutshell
This course is ideal for people of all ages with an interest in Beauty Therapy and Customer Care. This course introduces the basic disciplines and skills in the beauty sector.
This course is for...
... You have a keen interest in Beauty Therapy
... You would like to learn new beauty skills and techniques to further improve your existing ability
... You are considering a career as a Beauty Therapist
Beauty Therapy is a growth industry that offers secure and varied employment. More and more people are visiting beauty therapists as beauty therapy treatments evolve and become popular. Many men now visit beauty salons for a variety of different treatments. This is seen as an essential part of male grooming and is supported by the expanding number of beauty products available for men on the supermarket shelves and in beauty retailers.
This course is ideal for anyone with an interest in beauty therapy and is suitable for all ages. It is highly recommended that you complete the two year programme (Level 2 and Level 3 Beauty Therapy) to equip you with the qualifications required to be employed as a fully qualified Beauty Therapist.
You’ll learn about client consultations and units such as:
- Manicure and Handcare
- Pedicure and Footcare
- Skin care and facial work
- Retailing and Product Promotion
- Reception and Customer Service
- Nail art
- Make up design and application
- Eye treatments to include eyelash and brow tinting and eyebrow shaping
- Waxing - face and body
- Additional units may include permanent lashes and nail enhancements
The course is delivered through a combination of:
- Theory classes
- Practical workshops
- Real salon environments at the college working on clients
- Commercial sessions
- Group work
- Work placement - either weekly or on block
- Visits and trips to cosmetic companies and industry demonstrations
In addition to your course, you’ll be encouraged to participate in:
- In house college competitions
- Inspiring Skills Wales and UK/World Skills
- Community activities
- Product and treatment awareness days in industry
You’ll be assessed through practical assessments, assignments, projects and multiple-choice online tests covering the underpinning knowledge. Upon completion you’ll gain:
- NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy
- Appropriate supporting qualifications to broaden your skill set
- Creative Enrichment Skills (community activities and demonstrations)
To enrol, you’ll need a minimum of 4 GCSEs grade D or above (to include either Maths/Numeracy or English/Welsh First Language) or an appropriate Level 1 Diploma qualification in the relevant vocational area, to include either GCSE Maths/Numeracy or English/Welsh First Language grade.
Applicants without the minimum GCSEs, will be considered based on previous experience or other qualifications.
- Hair must be neatly tied back off the face
- No piercings and only a wedding ring is allowed to be worn in the salon
As a condition of your place on this course, you will be expected to purchase the appropriate kit, from our approved supplier, costing approximately £86 subject to review/inflationary price increase.
To reflect industry expectations, you will be required to wear a Coleg Gwent salon uniform which is to be ordered from our approved supplier. Details on how to order your uniform, with supplier payment options, can be obtained from your Head of School, Lecturer or Technician. The price for 2024/2025 is around £45, subject to inflationary price increase.
Additional costs could occur during the year for educational visits.
All costs are under review and subject to change.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team