City & Guilds Diploma in Vehicle Fitting Principles (Fast Fit) Level 2
Part Time Day
02 September 2024
Monday and Wednesday and Thursday
Successful completion of the Diploma Level 1 in Vehicle Fitting Principles with a Merit profile and successful completion of the appropriate literacy and numeracy skills.
In a nutshell
This course includes the full range of routine vehicle fitting procedures. It provides essential knowledge and skills for vehicle fitters working on vehicles in all types of garages, dealerships and fast fit businesses.
This course is for you if...
... You have a keen interest in vehicle mechanics
... You have previously completed the Level 1 Diploma in Transport Maintenance – Light Vehicle
... You want a blend of theoretical and practical study
What will I be doing?
This course will provide you with the opportunity to study both the theory and practical aspects of some of the following:
- Inspecting, repairing and replacing high performance light vehicle tyres.
- Carrying out light vehicle front wheel alignment.
- Inspecting and replacing light vehicle clutches, exhaust components, suspension dampers, vehicle batteries and braking systems.
- Assessing and securing a roadside situation.
Learners will gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, agreeing customer vehicle needs and other skills associated with working in a garage.
As part of your course you’ll also complete an employability qualification and English and Maths-related qualifications.
You’ll be assessed through online tests, coursework, assignments, portfolios and practical assessment. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
What is expected of me?
To enter this course, you’ll need the Diploma Level 1 in Vehicle Fitting Principles with a Merit profile and successful completion of the appropriate literacy and numeracy skills.
Full commitment to attendance is required, as you’ll need to be able to work independently and as part of a team. A strong desire to work in the motor vehicle industry is also needed and you’ll be expected to abide by the college ethos.
You’ll develop essential employability skills:
- Self-management, team working, business awareness and customer awareness, problem solving, communication, basic literacy and numeracy, a positive attitude to work.
- You’ll need to supply your own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as boots and overalls, and to supply your own stationery and folders.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team