IMI Diploma Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Motorcycle) Level 3
In a nutshell
This course is endorsed as a Technical Diploma and is designed to satisfy the theory component of the VCQ Level 3 in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair. It also satisfies the requirements of the Motorcycle Apprenticeship Framework.
This course is for...
... those who have previously completed the Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Motorcycle).
... those with a keen interest in motorcycling
... good problem-solvers and hard workers
There are 9 modules to complete through a combination of practical and theory elements in this course. You’ll study units such as:
- Health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Support for job roles in the automotive environment
- Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Diagnosis and rectification of motorcycle electrical faults
- Motorcycle preparation and inspection
- Diagnosis and rectification of motorcycle engine faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of motorcycle chassis system faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of motorcycle transmission and driveline faults
- Knowledge of how to identify and agree motor vehicle customer service needs
You will also develop essential employability skills, such as self-management, team working, business
and customer awareness, problem solving, communication, basic literacy and numeracy and a
positive attitude to work. You will be assessed through exams, coursework, assignments, portfolio work and practical assessments.
After completing the course, you will gain:
- IMI Level 3 in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Motorcycles)
- Appropriate supporting qualifications to broaden your skill set and meet the needs of the industry
- Skills Activities
- English and Mathematics
To enter this course, you'll need Level 2 Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Motorcycle), or Equivalent Level 2 Diploma. Mature learners will be considered on an indiviaul basis depending upon skills and experience.
This course is for students who are currently doing full time level 2 and will progress to part time level 3 next year.
You will need to have the correct PPE for this course, which costs around £40.
This course is 12 hours per week.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team