YMCA Diploma in Exercise and Fitness Instructing Level 2
Sport, Fitness and Leisure
05 September 2023
Wednesday to Friday
In a nutshell
The aim of this qualification is to provide those learners who have an interest in fitness, health and gym related activities with the additional knowledge to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a Fitness Instructor. This course will also allow you to progress onto the Personal Training qualification at Level 3 (Practitioner).
As well as the certificate in Gym instructing, you will also achieve YMCA level 2 Award in Engaging Children and Young People in Sport and Physical Activity and YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Group Exercise Instructing: Circuit Training.
This course is for...
...individuals aged 16+.
...those wishing to progress on to further learning within the health and fitness or active leisure sectors.
To achieve your YMCA Level 2 Diploma in Gym Instructing You must complete the following units. This qualification is endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the management of sport and physical activity (CIMSPA). You will learn about:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and fitness instructors
- Providing a positive customer experience in the exercise environment
- Lifestyle management and health awareness
- Understanding employment within the health and fitness sector
- Developing self
- Mental health awareness and support
- Working with inactive people
- Working in the community to promote and deliver physical activity programmes
- Principles of engaging children and young people in sport and physical activity
- A basic understanding of safeguarding and protecting children and young people
- Planning sport and physical activity for children and young people
- Delivering sport and physical activity for children and young people
- Gym-based programme planning and preparation
- Gym-based programme delivery and professional instruction
- Principles of planning and delivering group exercise
- Plan and deliver group circuit training
Minimum of 4 GCSEs Grade D or above to include either Maths or English/Welsh First Language or an appropriate Level 1 Diploma qualification. However, these requirements can be looked at on an individual basis.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team