City & Guilds Diploma in Hairdressing Level 3
You can select another campus or date option from the list below:
Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
Part Time Day
Blaenau Gwent Learning Zone
03 September 2024
Tuesday and Wednesday
To take this course it is recommended you are employed in a suitable placement.
In a nutshell
This course is not only the perfect next step in your hairdressing career but also gives you a range of creative hairdressing skills to help you go further.
This course is for you if...
…hairdressers wanting to further their creative hairdressing skills and become a senior stylist.
What will I be doing?
This is a 34 week course. The City and Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing covers a number of mandatory and optional topics, with assessments carried out at our onsite salon and online multiple choice tests.
Mandatory topics are:
· Providing hairdressing consultation services
· Promoting additional services or products to customers
· Creatively cutting hair using a combination of techniques
· Monitoring procedures to safely control work operations
Optional topics can include:
· Colouring hair using a variety of techniques
· Hair and scalp treatments
· Colour correction services
· Creative hair extension services
· Creatively styling and dressing hair
· Specialist consultation services for hair and scalp conditions
· Creatively dressing long hair
· Developing and enhancing creative hairdressing skills
· Contributing to the financial effectiveness of the business
· Creating a variety of permed effects
· Contributing to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Supporting customer service improvement
Once you’ve completed this course, you could progress on to Level 4 in Salon Management, or related courses such as Beauty Therapy or Theatrical and Media Make Up.
What comes next?
Level 4 in Salon Management or related courses such as Beauty Therapy or Theatrical and Media Make Up.
As a condition of your place on this course, you will be expected to purchase the appropriate kit, from our approved supplier, costing approximately £140.
To reflect industry expectations, you will be required to wear a Coleg Gwent salon uniform which is to be ordered from our approved supplier. For 2023/2024 the college will fund the cost of one full uniform. Details on how to order your free uniform and additional sets, with supplier payment options, can be obtained from your Head of School, Lecturer or Technician. The price for 2023/2024 is £45.
Additional costs could occur during the year for educational visits.
All costs are under review and subject to change.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team