AAT Unit Applied Management Accounting Level 4
You can select another campus or date option from the list below:
In a nutshell
The AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting maximises opportunities for employment within a wider accountancy context. This course as a whole covers high level accounting and finance topics and tasks.
The unit that you are purchasing here is Applied Management Accounting unit of the AAT level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting.
This unit will allow you to understand how the budgetary process is undertaken. You will be able to construct budgets and then identify and report both on areas of success and on areas that should be of concern to key stakeholders. You will also gain the skills required to critically evaluate organisational performance.
You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills across a range of systems that will help to enhance the control environment of the organisation. Appreciating that there are many methods, and understanding how and when it is appropriate to use each of them, will allow you to advise a business in a range of situations.
You will also gain an appreciation of the methods used to deal with the issues surrounding both short-term and long-term decision making. It is vitally important to understand the different challenges and uncertainties between the two types of decision making. Only by appreciating and incorporating those differences into the analysis produced can a management accountant consider themselves to be an integral part of the decision-making process.
This is a roll-on / roll-off course with flexible start dates. We recruit students all year round.
This is also a blended learning course (a mix of traditional in-person with a teacher in a classroom and learning activities using digital technologies, from home).
This course is progression from Level 3 Diploma in Accounting and will enable you to gain further skills to progress within the accountancy field.
This course is for...
... You have successfully completed the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting and want to continue to build your accounting skills.
… You want to go on to become an AAT full member and / or go onto study for chartered accountant status.
… You want to start your own business through the AAT licensed members scheme.
You will enhance the skills you developed from Level 3 Diploma in Accounting and acquire lifelong professional accounting and finance skills, enabling you to maximise your opportunities within your accounting career.
The AAT Level 4 Accounting has three mandatory units:
- Applied Management Accounting – you will learn how to implement organisational planning processes in an organisation, use internal processes to enhance operational control, and techniques to decide on short-term and long-term decision making.
- Drafting and Interpreting Financial Statements – you will learn about drafting financial statements for single entities and relevant accounting standards and the consolidation of limited companies. You will also gain the skills to interpret the financial statements, using ratio analysis.
- Internal Accounting Systems and Controls – You will demonstrate your understanding by evaluating internal controls and accounting systems within an organisation, and make recommendations to any weaknesses you find.
By applying here you are purchasing Applied Management Accounting unit, you will need to also purchase the Drafting and Interpreting Financial Statements of Limited Companies and Internal Accounting Systems and Controls to complete all of the core units for AAT Level 4.
You will also need to complete two optional units - we currently offer:
- Credit and Debt Management – You will learn the techniques to assess credit risks, grant credit, how to collect debt from customers, and the principles of effective control in an organisation.
- Cash and Financial Management – You will learn how to prepare forecasts for cash receipts and payments, cash budgets and monitor cash flows.
To gain the Level 4 Accounting qualification you need to complete all five of the above modules, you can purchase each module separately.
To be considered for this course you need to have successfully completed AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting or equivalent.
If you are unsure if this is the correct level for you, please visit aat.org.uk where you can complete the AAT Skillcheck test or to help ensure that you start at the correct level.
On completion of this course, and having met AAT’s criteria, you can apply for full AAT membership, which will allow you to use the designatory letters MAAT after your name.
However, the primary and most important outcome of the Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting is that it can lead to a wide variety of well-paid accountancy and finance jobs, some of which include:
- Professional Accounting Technician
- Assistant Auditor
- Assistant Management Accountant
- Commercial Analyst
- Payroll Manager
- Senior Bookkeeper
- Senior Financial Officer
- Accounts Payable and Expenses Supervisor
- Assistant Financial Accountant
- Cost Accountant
- Fixed Asset Accountant
- Indirect Tax Manager
- Payments and Billing Manager
- Senior Fund Accountant
- Senior Insolvency Administrator
- VAT Accountant
Completion of this course also offers you a fast track route to chartered accountancy status as AAT will give you generous exemptions from all UK chartered and certified bodies.
Books £30 per module approximately
AAT Registration (payable to AAT) £240
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team