BPEC Gas Foundation Course (MLP)
In a nutshell
Whether you already hold plumbing qualifications or are new to the gas industry, this course will give you the fundamental knowledge you need to become a Gas Installer. Once you’ve gained the BPEC Gas Foundation Certificate, you’ll be able to undertake the relevant ACS assessments.
This course is for...
... those taking the next step into a career within the gas industry.
This BPEC Gas Foundation course is ideal if you want to start a career in the gas industry.
Once you’ve completed the training, portfolio and successful recommendation, you’ll be issued with a BPEC Gas Foundation certificate which means you can then apply for the relevant ACS assessments.
On this course you will study:
- Gas Safety Legislation
- Characteristics of Combustion
- Installation of Pipework and Fittings
- Testing for Tightness
- Identification of Unsafe Situations, Emergency Notices and Warning Labels
- Operation and Positioning of Emergency Isolation Controls
- Checking and/or Setting Meter Regulators
- Chimney Flue Testing
- Chimney Standards
- Checking and Setting Appliance Burner Pressures and Gas Rates
- Operation and Checking of Appliance Gas Safety Devices and Controls
- Installation of Open, Balanced and Fan Assisted Chimney Configurations
- Re-establishing Gas supplies and Re-lighting Appliances
- Domestic Central Heating and Water Heaters
- Domestic Cookers
- Domestic Space Heaters
You’ll need to be able to arrange on-site experience with a registered Gas Installer (in order to gain and record formal experience) and/or be wanting to either change career or progress your existing career within the construction sector.
It must be evidenced that you are working alongside a gas safe registered engineer in order to complete the on-site portfolio. This portfolio will be completed outside of time in college.
Applicants who lack gas training and experience will need to hold a recognised qualification in the mechanical services engineering sector (e.g. plumbing), or they will have gained a minimum of 2 GCSEs (Grade C) or equivalent , preferably English, Mathematics or relevant/appropriate experience or an entry assessment.
Course dates and location will be discussed during the application.
The cost of this course is £4,385 per candidate.
There is a 12 month expiry date on the Gas Foundation Certificate, so you will need to complete your ACS assessments before this date.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team