CACHE Certificate for Advanced Practitioners in Schools and Colleges Level 4
In a nutshell
This course is the NCFE CACHE L4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner in Schools and Colleges.
The qualification aims to provide professional development opportunities for practitioners working in the school and college workforce. This qualification will enahnce your wealth of experience, proven knowledge and skills in a teaching and learning environment. It will challenge you in both daily practice and theoretical understanding.
This course will help you to acquire and use skills of leadership, mentoring, coaching and reflection as you complete the qualification through work-based learning opportunities.
This course is for...
...those who are employed in suitable roles within schools or colleges. Learner knowledge and understanding that comes from working in schools or colleges is a requirement for this CPD qualification.
...those already working in a relevant setting, such as a school or college.
...those who are enthusiastic and keen to develop their skills though taught units and self led study.
This qualification has 5 mandatory units which will be studied during the course. You will be expected to successfully complete all 5 within the timeframe of the course. These are:
- Enabling individuals to learn
- Understanding how to support children and young people to improve their mental health and wellbeing
- Working with others to support individuals with additional needs/disability in a school or college setting
- Working with families and other professionals in a school or college setting
- Implementing change in school or college settings
Units will be internally assessed using a range of methods which could include:
- Direct observations by a tutor/teacher or assessor within the workplace
- Written assignments and professional discussions in line with the assessment of learning provided for each unit.
Upon achievement of this qualification, you will be equipped as an Advanced Practitioner. The Advanced Practitioner will use crucial leadership skills to mentor others across all roles and responsibilities in the school or college workforce such as:
- Higher Level Practitioner/Teaching Assistant
- Internal progression at a higher level, including those with management responsibilities
- Leadership, mentoring, supervision and management opportunities
You must be at least 18 years old and employed in a suitable role within a school or college. Previous Level 3 study is a clear advantage but wealth of experience, knowledge and understanding working in schools or colleges is a requirement for this CPD qualification. Coleg Gwent will be able to offer you discreet advice in relation to your suitability for entry.
You will need to be dedicated to ensuring best practice and able to demonstrate this in the work place and within college.
You will be expected to attend 100% of your timetabled sessions and work to deadlines as outlined in the assessment schedule.
You will need to have passed DBS checks.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team