BPEC ACS Gas Renewal
In a nutshell
The domestic gas industry is highly regulated, with assessment provided under the Accredited Certification Scheme (ACS). The college's ACS Gas Centre is an approved BPEC centre offering a wide variety of domestic gas courses ideal for experienced plumbers. On successful completion, you’ll be eligible to apply for registration with Gas Safe.
This course is for...
…those who have completed a relevant managed learning programme.
...those who may need re-assessment.
The College carries out a wide variety of assessments. Certificates are valid for five years after which re-assessment is needed. Training is not a pre-requisite for re-assessment, but it can be provided by the college upon request. To complete intial assessments, you must hold a certificate to evidence you have completed a relevant managed learning programme.
You'll be assessed on your competence to carry out gas work safely in the following areas:
- CCN1 - Core domestic gas safety which includes CPA1 (combustion performance analysis natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas)
Please note candidates must hold CCN1 before completing assessment on the following appliances:
- CENWAT - Install, exchange, commission, disconnect, service, repair and breakdown of domestic gas fired central heating and hot water boilers and circulators, combination boilers, storage water heaters and instantaneous water heaters.
- CKR1 - Install, exchange, service, repair, breakdown and commission of domestic gas cooking appliances
- HTR1 - Install, exchange, service, repair breakdown and commission domestic open balanced and fan assisted flued gas fires and wall heaters
- MET1/2 - Install, exchange, remove and commission domestic gas meters
- CMDDA1 - Carbon monoxide and combustion performance testing using electronic portable gas analysers, and detailed investigation of appliances
Once you’ve completed CCN1 Core Domestic Gas Safety you can progress to the above domestic appliances and you'll also be eligible to complete changeover from domestic gas to domestic LPG:
CONGLP1PD Changeover domestic gas to domestic LPG for permanent dwellings
CONGLP1LAV Changeover domestic gas to domestic LPG for leisure accommodation
CONGLP1RPH Changeover domestic gas to domestic LPG for residential park homes
HTRLP2 Closed flue gas fires
To enrol on this course, you must either:
- Hold a current ACS certificate and need reassessment
- Hold an expired ACS certificate (if over 12 months, you will need an initial assessment)
- Hold a certificate to evidence you have completed a relevant managed learning programme
Course fees are as follows:
Initial (assessment only)
Each appliance will cost £335 per assessment, and will take an extra 0.5 days per assessment.
Re-Assessment (Assessment only)
Each appliance will cost £175 per assessment, and will take an extra 0.5 days per assessment.
Re-assessment candidates have the option to purchase an up to date training manual at a cost of £49.50
Changeover from domestic gas to domestic LPG
Re-assessment only (no training)
£75 (Fee when taken at the same time as either CONGLP1PD,CONGLP1LAV or CONGLP1RPH)
For upcoming assessment dates please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01495 333 777.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team