BTEC Engineering Operations Level 2
03 September 2024
Minimum of four GCSEs grade D or above to include Maths at grade C; or an appropriate Level 1 Engineering Diploma qualification and GCSE Maths at grade C.
In a nutshell
This course provides an introductory understanding of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. It will provide you with a solid foundation in the key aspects of modern engineering and is one of the recommended pathways for those seeking a career in the creative and well-paid field of engineering.
This course is for you if...
... You want a blend of practical and theoretical study
... You want to progress to an extended diploma
... You’d like to do an apprenticeship
What will I be doing?
The course is a combination of laboratory and theoretical elements. You’ll learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations. You’ll study units including:
- Working in Engineering Environment
- Engineering Mathematics and Science Principles
- Business Improvement Techniques
- Principles of Turning and Milling
- Electrical and Electric Principles
- Engineering Maintenance Practice
- Plan and carry out an Engineering Project
- Operating and Efficient Workplace
- Introduction to Communications for Engineering
- Electronic Devices and Communication Applications
You’ll develop essential employability skills, such as self-management, team working, business awareness, customer awareness, problem-solving, communication, basic literacy, numeracy and a positive attitude to work.
You’ll be assessed through exams, coursework, assignments, portfolio work and laboratory or practical assessments. Upon completion, you’ll gain:
What is expected of me?
To enter this course, you’ll need a minimum of four GCSEs, Grade D or above, to include English and Maths at grade C, or an appropriate Level 1 Engineering Diploma qualification and GCSE Maths at Grade C.
You'll need to be numerate, creative and have a keen interest in engineering. We also expect you to be self-motivated, hard-working, punctual and committed.
You will need to sit Higher Tier GCSE alongside this course to upgrade your grade to a B or above to support progression to L3.
What comes next?
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- A suitable apprenticeship
- Employment as an Electrical or Mechanical Technician
You’ll need to supply your own stationery e.g. folders, subject dividers, pens, pencils, rule and scientific calculator.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team