City & Guilds Award in MOT Testing Level 2
Engineering and Automotive
Part Time Day
City of Newport Campus
Please note, all advertised fees are for one year only, unless otherwise stated in the additional information below
In a nutshell
The course is for those considering applying for their licence to become a MOT tester or an authorised examiner.
This course is for...
...those looking to achieve their MOT testing licence
...those working in the automotive industry
The Level 2 award in MOT testing (Classes 4 and 7) is a course for individuals looking to become a qualified MOT tester.
The course will cover the aspects of the testers role and equip you with the knowledge needed to become a successful MOT tester.
If successfully completed, the final part of the process will be a demonstration test in an MOT test centre.
You must fit the below entry requirements:
- have a current and full UK driving licence for the vehicle classes you want to test
- be a skilled mechanic with at least 4 years’ full-time employment servicing and repairing the types of vehicles you’re going to test
- have no unspent convictions for criminal offences
- be ‘of good repute’ - the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency will decide this to make sure you’re suitable to be an MOT tester
- must hold Vehicle Maintenance Repair Level 3 qualification or equivalent
A tutor will assess candidates qualifications/suitability via interview prior to enrolment.
After booking your course you have 14 days to change your mind and request a full refund. You can still request a refund after this date, but this will only be given if you meet the criteria from the college fee policy.
If your chosen course starts within 14 days of you booking your place, then the 14 day refund policy does not apply and any refund will be subject to the college fee policy.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team