Learning in Welsh
Learning in Welsh or bilingually
The Welsh language and culture of Wales is very important to us as a college. We encourage all members of the college community, Welsh speaking or not, to understand the importance of the Welsh language as a personal and educational skill as well as an employability skill for the future.
We’re always working to provide a wider service to our Welsh speaking learners. Currently we offer:
- The opportunity to study some modules of a selection of full time courses bilingually. The number of modules and courses available bilingually is increasing every year.
- A Welsh speaking tutor for some of your modules if you’re on a bilingual course
- Resources provided in Welsh for bilingual modules
- Support for using Welsh in your assignments and coursework
- The option to write assignments and undertake assessments and exams in Welsh (only when the examination board can provide examination papers in Welsh)
- Provision to access tutorials in Welsh
- The opportunity to study Welsh as a second language
- Welsh medium placements and work experience
- Welsh medium enrichment activities
- Welsh medium guest speakers
- Bilingual glossaries and vocabulary
- The opportunity to gain your essential or key skills bilingually or in Welsh
Study exclusively through the medium of WelshColeg Gwent is excited to be offering learners a new opportunity to study exclusively through the medium of Welsh. Capitalise on your Welsh skills in the Childcare or Health & Care sector and gain a competitive edge in the workplace. Welsh skills are increasingly seen as an essential skill in these sectors so start your journey now and get ahead.