• https://www.coleggwent.ac.uk/january

For more information or to apply for any of our courses

01495 333777

Which course is for me?

Which course is for me at Coleg Gwent, South Wales

Which course is for me?

At Coleg Gwent we offer a range of university level courses including Foundation Degrees, Higher National Certificates (HNCs) and Higher National Diplomas (HNDs). 

It’s important that you choose the right course for your undergraduate study so we offer a range of full time and part time options to suit you and your career aspirations.


Higher National Certificates (HNCs) & Higher National Diplomas (HNDs)These are work-related courses and are highly valued by employers both in the UK and overseas. While Bachelors Degrees tend to focus on gaining knowledge, HNCs and HNDs are designed to give you the skills to put that knowledge to effective use in a particular vocation.

Foundation DegreesFoundation Degrees combine academic study with workplace/work related learning. They are broadly equivalent to the first two years of a Bachelors Degree. They are designed with a particular area of work in mind, with the help of employers from that sector. Typically, you’ll get the chance to learn in the workplace as well as the classroom. Once you’ve achieved a Foundation Degree, it’s possible to ‘top up’ your qualification to an Honours Degree. This usually involves an extra year studying full time (or the part time equivalent).



Share this page