Study exclusively through the medium of WelshColeg Gwent is excited to be offering learners a new opportunity to study exclusively through the medium of Welsh. Capitalise on your Welsh skills in the Childcare or Health & Care sector and gain a competitive edge in the workplace. Welsh skills are increasingly seen as an essential skill in these sectors so start your journey now and get ahead.
The Welsh language and culture of Wales is very important to us as a college. We encourage all members of the college community, Welsh speaking or not, to understand the importance of the Welsh language as a personal and educational skill as well as an employability skill for the future.
We’re always working to provide a wider service to our Welsh speaking learners. Currently we offer:
- The opportunity to study some modules of a selection of full time courses bilingually. The number of modules and courses available bilingually is increasing every year.
- A Welsh speaking tutor for some of your modules if you’re on a bilingual course
- Resources provided in Welsh for bilingual modules
- Support for using Welsh in your assignments and coursework
- The option to write assignments and undertake assessments and exams in Welsh (only when the examination board can provide examination papers in Welsh)
- Provision to access tutorials in Welsh
- The opportunity to study Welsh as a second language
- Welsh medium placements and work experience
- Welsh medium enrichment activities
- Welsh medium guest speakers
- Bilingual glossaries and vocabulary
- The opportunity to gain your essential or key skills bilingually or in Welsh