City & Guilds Foundation in Electrical Installation Level 2
You can select another campus or date option from the list below:
City of Newport Campus
03 September 2024
A minimum of 4 GCSEs grade D or above to include Maths/Numeracy and English/Welsh First Language or a Level 1 Construction Skills Qualification and GCSE Maths and English/Welsh 1st language at grade D or above.
In a nutshell
On this course you’ll learn basic Electrical and Plumbing skills as well as the knowledge to back it up. You'll be supervised as you undertake various practical and knowledge-based activities.
This course is for you if...
...you’d like an introduction into Electrical Installations to lead into more advanced courses
...you would like to gain Electrical skills
...you like a practical course that’s hands-on
What will I be doing?
This course is ideal for anyone looking for an introduction to the Electrical and Plumbing industry who wishes to undertake a course which will act as a pathway to further studies in this area. It will give you the opportunity to pick up some core skills and knowledge, along with the opportunity to move onto either our Level 2 Progression in Electrical or Plumbing. The qualification enables learners to begin to develop their:
- Knowledge, skills and understanding required in planning, performing and evaluating common practical tasks in electrical and plumbing installations
- Understanding of the buildings and structures that constitute the built environment and how they change, and have changed, over time;
- Understanding of the trades, roles and careers in the construction and built environment sector;
- Understanding of the life cycle of buildings and structures in the built environment and the associated principles and processes at each stage;
- Understanding of social, economic and environmental sustainability as appropriate to construction and the built environment;
- Knowledge of emerging technologies in the construction and built environment sector;
- Employability skills and their understanding of how these are relevant to, and important in, the workplace in the construction and built environment sector;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the principles of working in ways which protect health, safety, well-being and the environment;
- The course is delivered by both practical sessions with excellent workshop facilities and theory lessons to underpin the knowledge learnt in the practical sessions. You’ll be assessed through practical projects, written and online tests.
Once complete, you’ll achieve:
What is expected of me?
A minimum of 4 GCSEs grade D or above to include Maths/Numeracy and English/Welsh First Language or a level 1 Construction Skills Qualification and GCSE Maths and English/Welsh 1st language at grade D or above.
What comes next?
Study on a Level 2 qualification, progression in your chosen trade, employment or an apprenticeship at Level 3.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team