IMI Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles Level 3
In a nutshell
This course is an in-depth study into vehicle maintenance and repair.
This course is for you if...
... You’ve previously completed the Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
... You want a blend of practical and theoretical study
... You are a good problem-solver with a keen interest in vehicles
What will I be doing?
This course is endorsed as a Technical Diploma and is designed to satisfy the theory component of the VCQ Level 3 in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair. It also satisfies the requirements of the Maintenance & Repair Advanced Apprenticeship Framework (Light Vehicle).
You’ll complete 8 modules through a combination of practical and theory elements, studying units such as:
- Health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Support for job roles in the automotive environment
- Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Diagnosis and rectification of vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle engine faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle chassis system faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle transmission and driveline faults
- Inspecting light vehicles using prescribed methods
You’ll develop essential employability skills, such as self-management, team working, business awareness and customer awareness, problem-solving, communication, basic literacy and numeracy, a positive attitude to work.
You’ll be assessed via online tests, coursework, assignments, portfolio work and practical assessments. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
What is expected of me?
To enter this course, you’ll need the Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance.
Full commitment to attendance is required, as is the ability to work independently and as part of a team. You should have a strong desire to work in the motor vehicle industry, abide by the college ethos and be willing to participate in improving their level of academic subjects.
What comes next?
- IMIAL Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Automotive Studies for Master Technicians
- A suitable Apprenticeship
- Employment as a motorcycle technician
You’ll need to purchase appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, such as boots and overalls, the cost of which is approximately £40.00. You’ll also need to supply your own stationery and folders.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team