NCFE Introductory Diploma in Travel and Tourism Level 3
Travel and Tourism
04 September 2023
You'll need a minimum of 5 GCSEs (grade C or above) to include English/Welsh First Language
OR an appropriate Level 2 Diploma qualification at Merit grade with GCSE English/Welsh Language at grade C or above. You must have good communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
In a nutshell
Go further with your career in travel and tourism with the level 3 Introductory Diploma in Travel and Tourism!
This course will give you the advanced skills you need to work in the industry or progress into higher education. You’ll gain a broad understanding of the sector, along with a range of specialist skills.
This course is for you if...
... You have a keen interest in the world of travel and tourism
... You want to learn more about the travel and tourism sector
... You're interested in a career in travel and tourism
... You're excited to travel the world, meet new people and explore new places.
What will I be doing?
Working in the Travel and Tourism industry can bring a whole host of exciting opportunities. You could find yourself travelling abroad on a daily basis, working internationally, or meeting people from all over the world when they visit your home country.
The industry is already responsible for more than 10% of global employment and around 2,000,000 people work in tourism in Britain, making it one of the country's most popular industries.
Units covered on the course include:
- Investigating the Travel and Tourism Industry
- Business of Travel and Tourism
- Customer Service
- UK as a Destination
- Retail Travel
- Tour Operations
- European Destinations
- Preparing for Employment
- Work Experience
- Investigating the Cruise Industry
- Specialist Tourism
- Business Travel Operations
- Working as a Holiday Rep
- Organising a Study Visit
- Marketing Products and Services
- Long Haul Destinations
- Researching Current Issues in the Travel and Tourism Industry
- Responsible Tourism
The course is assessed through portfolio work, coursework, projects, group work and presentations.
Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Welsh Baccalaureate
- Appropriate supporting qualifications to broaden your skill set and meet the needs of the industry
- Skills activities
- Maths and English (if you haven't achieved a Grade C or above at GCSE level)
What is expected of me?
To enter this course, you'll need:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (grade C or above) to include English/Welsh First Language
- OR an appropriate Level 2 Diploma qualification at Merit grade with GCSE English/Welsh Language at grade C or above.
You must also have good communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
What comes next?
After your two year course, you can progress onto the HND in Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management at Coleg Gwent (franchised with Cardiff Metropolitan University), gain employment, or progress onto a travel and tourism related university course.
You’ll be required to purchase a uniform, which will cost between £90 - £140, as well as to pay for trips and visits during the course, which will cost approximately £150.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team