City & Guilds Craft Diploma in Engineering - Electrical and Electronic Technology Level 2
04 September 2023
*Enrolment still open
Minimum of 4 GCSEs grade D or above to include Maths at grade C, English/Welsh First Language and Science, or an appropriate Entry Level qualification.
In a nutshell
The Level 2 Diploma in Engineering allows you to focus on developing your knowledge and practical skills in electrical and electronic engineering.
This course is for you if...
...You have a keen interest in electrical and electronics
...You’re hardworking and committed
...You want to pursue a career in electrical engineering
What will I be doing?
To earn this qualification, you must complete a range of mandatory and optional units, including:
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Principles of Engineering technology
- Using and communicating technical information
- Maintaining electrical wiring support systems
- Principles of electrical & electronic technology
- Wiring & testing electrical circuits
- Constructing, testing & fault-finding electronic circuits
You’ll learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations.
You’ll be assessed through exams, coursework, assignments, portfolios, laboratory and practical assessments. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Electrical & Electronic Technology
- Welsh Baccalaureate (click here for details)
- Other relevant qualifications to enhance your skill set
What is expected of me?
To enrol, you’ll need a minimum of 4 GCSEs, Grade D or above, to include Maths at Grade C and English/Welsh First Language and Science, or an appropriate Level 1 qualification.
You'll need to be numerate, creative and have a keen interest in electrical or electronic engineering. We also expect you to be self-motivated, hard working, punctual and committed.
What comes next?
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Electrical & Electronic Technology
- Progress onto a suitable Apprenticeship or job as a Electrical or Electronic technician.
- Employment in industry
You’ll need to supply your own stationery and folders.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team