BTEC Enhanced Engineering Programme - Electrical Level 3
04 September 2023
5 GCSEs at grade C or above including:
- GCSE at grade C in English or Welsh First Language and a B in Maths, along with three other grade C’s preferably Science or related subjects
In a nutshell
This full-time Enhanced Engineering Programme provides training, real work experience and the opportunity to progress into a fully sponsored apprenticeship. You’ll need to be able to work independently and as part of a team and have a strong desire to work in the engineering industry, as progression from this course is an apprenticeship.
You’ll be assessed through practical and written assessments, presentations, demonstrations, portfolios and observations. You will also need to be willing to participate in a minimum of 5 weeks work placement.
This course is for you if...
... You wish to pursue a career in electrical engineering
... You’re good at problem-solving
... You’re hardworking and motivated
What will I be doing?
This course will be delivered full time for 36 weeks for 30 hours per week, in the college campus. There’ll be a minimum of 5 weeks (150 Hours) and a maximum of 12 weeks work experience placement. You’ll visit a number of leading manufacturing companies in Wales.
You’ll learn by completing practicals and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations.
You’ll study units including:
- Unit 1 - Engineering Principles (Double Unit) (Externally Assessed)
- Unit 2 - Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team (3 Assignments)
- Unit 3 - Engineering Product Design and Manufacture (Double Unit) (Externally Assessed)
- Unit 19 - Electronic Devices and Circuits. (3 Assignments)
You’ll be assessed through practical and written assessments, presentations, demonstrations, portfolios and observations. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
- Level 3 in Engineering (Electrical)
- Level 2 PEO (Performing Engineering Operations) – 6 units chosen to support specific industry requests
- Skills Activities
- Maths and English
- Other relevant qualifications to enhance your skill set
What is expected of me?
To enter this course, you’ll need to have 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above in English or Welsh First Language, a B in Maths and three other Grade C’s, preferably Science or related subjects.
Full commitment to attendance is required. You’ll need to be able to work independently and as part of a team and have a strong desire to work in the engineering industry, as progression from this course is to an Apprenticeship. You’ll be expected to abide by the college ethos and be willing to participate in a minimum of 5 weeks work placement.
What comes next?
An Apprenticeship or employment.
You’ll be given a tool kit worth approximately £200.00 when you successfully complete the course.
You’ll need to supply your own stationery e.g. folders, subject dividers, pens, pencils, colouring pencils, compass, ruler and scientific calculator.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team