City & Guilds Diploma in Motor Vehicle Accident Repair (Paint Principles) Level 2
Engineering and Automotive
City of Newport Campus
05 September 2022
Level 1 Diploma in Accident Repair and Paint Principles, or Equivalent Level 1 Diploma and either GCSE Maths/Numeracy, English/Welsh 1st Language and Science grade D or above.
In a nutshell
This course will enhance your technical and academic knowledge of vehicle technology.
This course is for you if...
...You have completed the Level 1 or Entry Level 3 paint principles
...You have experience in the vehicle refinishing industry
...You want to expand your skills and knowledge
What will I be doing?
The course follows on from the first-year full time body and refinishing course and looks at refinishing in more detail. You’ll cover the application of 2K paints, water based and different foundation materials and also look at various application techniques, such as spot repairs, fade outs and blow-ins.
You’ll cover units in:
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Knowledge of support for job roles
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in vehicle refinishing
- Knowledge of applying fillers and foundation
- Knowledge of working with plastics
- Knowledge of preparing metal and pre painted surfaces
- Knowledge of repairing minor paint surface defects
The course is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical demonstrations
- Realistic working tasks
- Lectures to develop foundation knowledge
- Assignment work
You’ll be assessed via practical and online assessments, oral and written questions. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
What is expected of me?
- 4 GCSEs grade D or above, to include Maths, English and Science (or Welsh as a first language); or
- A suitable level 1 diploma and GCSE grade D or above in Maths and English (or Welsh as a first language)
What comes next?
Level 3 Paint Principles, employment in the automotive industry or an Apprenticeship in Vehicle Body Repair.
You’ll need Personal Protective Equipment, such as boots, overalls at an approximate cost of £40.00. You’ll also need to supply your own stationery.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team