IMI Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles Level 3
In a nutshell
Vehicles and their associated systems are constantly becoming more complex. The ever-advancing technology of modern vehicles requires suitably trained technicians to diagnose faults on these vehicles. This course will provide learners with various diagnostic techniques and the knowledge required to diagnose faults on modern vehicles.
This course is for you if...
You’ve previously completed the Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair and gained at least a GCSE D grade in both Mathematics/Numeracy and English.
... You want a blend of practical and theoretical study
... You are a good problem-solver with a keen interest in vehicles
… You want to work to and maintain high professional standards
What will I be doing?
This course is endorsed as a Technical Diploma and is designed to satisfy the theory component of the VCQ Level 3 in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair. It also satisfies the requirements of the Maintenance & Repair Advanced Apprenticeship Framework (Light Vehicle).
You’ll complete 8 modules through a combination of practical and theory elements, studying units such as:
- Health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Support for job roles in the automotive environment
- Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Diagnosis and rectification of vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle engine faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle chassis system faults
- Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle transmission and driveline faults
- Inspecting light vehicles using prescribed methods
You’ll develop essential employability skills, such as self-management, team working, business awareness and customer awareness, problem-solving, communication, basic literacy and numeracy, a positive attitude to work.
You’ll be assessed via online tests, coursework, assignments, portfolio work and practical assessments. Upon completion, you’ll achieve:
What is expected of me?
To take this course, you will need a Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and successful completion of GCSE Maths and English to C Grade.
Full commitment to attending the course is required, and also the ability to work independently and as part of a team is required. You should have a strong desire to work in the motor vehicle industry, adhere to the ethos of the college and you should be prepared to improve your level in academic subjects.
What comes next?
- IMIAL Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Automotive Studies for Master Technicians
- A suitable Apprenticeship
- Employment as a Vehicle Technician
You’ll need to purchase appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, such as boots and overalls, the cost of which is approximately £40.00. You’ll also need to supply your own stationery and folders.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team