City & Guilds Foundation in Bricklaying Level 2
In a nutshell
If you want to become a bricklayer or carptenter this course is made for you! You can learn the basics of bricklaying and fundamental brickwork and carpentry skills in our dedicated workshops, so you can start your career in the construction industry.
This course is for you if...
... You are interested in a career as a bricklayer or carpenter
... You have a keen interest in construction trades
... You want a blend of practical and theoretical study
What will I be doing?
This course allows you to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in bricklaying and carpentry.
You’ll study units in:
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Contributing to setting out and building of masonry structures up to damp proof course
- Carrying out blocklaying activities
- Carrying out bricklaying and carpentry activities
- Carrying out cavity walling activities
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
The course is assessed through practical projects and written and online tests. One completed, your qualifications will be:
- Diploma Level 1 Brickwork
- Appropriate supporting qualifications to broaden your skill set and meet the needs of industry
- Skills Activities
- Maths and English
What is expected of me?
To enter the course, you’ll need a minimum of 4 GCSEs, Grade D or above, to include Maths/Maths Numeracy and English/Welsh First Language, or an appropriate Entry Level qualification.
You need to have a desire to work in the construction industry. Full commitment to attendance is required, as is respect for others, enthusiasm for the subject and self-motivation. You’ll be continually assessed and there is an expectation that you’ll continue your studies and coursework during your own time.
What comes next?
Level 2 Diploma Bricklaying, an Apprenticeship or employment.
You’ll need to undertake a construction industry assessment to help determine the most appropriate course.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team