City & Guilds Diploma in Hairdressing Level 3
Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
Blaenau Gwent Learning Zone
05 September 2022
*Enrolment still open
Monday to Friday
To take this course it is recommended you are employed in a suitable placement.
In a nutshell
This course is not only the perfect next step in your hairdressing career but also gives you a range of creative hairdressing skills to help you go further.
This course is for you if...
…hairdressers wanting to further their creative hairdressing skills and become a senior stylist.
What will I be doing?
This is a 34 week course. The City and Guilds Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing covers a number of mandatory and optional topics, with assessments carried out at our onsite salon and online multiple choice tests.
Mandatory topics are:
· Providing hairdressing consultation services
· Promoting additional services or products to customers
· Creatively cutting hair using a combination of techniques
· Monitoring procedures to safely control work operations
Optional topics can include:
· Colouring hair using a variety of techniques
· Hair and scalp treatments
· Colour correction services
· Creative hair extension services
· Creatively styling and dressing hair
· Specialist consultation services for hair and scalp conditions
· Creatively dressing long hair
· Developing and enhancing creative hairdressing skills
· Contributing to the financial effectiveness of the business
· Creating a variety of permed effects
· Contributing to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Supporting customer service improvement
Once you’ve completed this course, you could progress on to Level 4 in Salon Management, or related courses such as Beauty Therapy or Theatrical and Media Make Up.
What comes next?
Level 4 in Salon Management or related courses such as Beauty Therapy or Theatrical and Media Make Up.
You’ll be expected to purchase a top up hairdressing kit as a condition of your place on the course. The cost of this is approximately £87 - £127.
To reflect industry expectations, you will be required to wear a Coleg Gwent salon uniform. The college will fund the cost of one full uniform per year. Additional sets can be purchased for around £45 (TBC); college staff will be able to direct you to the approved supplier if / when needed.
All costs are subject to change.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team