NCFE Diploma in Travel and Tourism Level 2
Travel and Tourism
04 September 2023
You'll need a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade D or above, including either Maths/Numeracy or English/Welsh Language; or an appropriate Level 1 Diploma qualification in the relevant vocational area to include either GCSE Maths/Numeracy or English/Welsh Language grade.
In a nutshell
Looking to go places in your career? The world is your oyster in the travel and tourism sector!
This course will help your career take off, providing you with an advanced introduction to the travel, tourism and hospitality sectors.
This course is for you if...
... You have a keen interest in the world of travel and tourism
... You want to work in the travel and tourism industry and go places with your career
... You’re interested in further training to progress your career in travel and tourism.
What will I be doing?
During this course, you’ll develop fundamental knowledge for the travel and tourism industry, along with a more specialist set of skills to make you more employable.
The course units include:
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- The UK travel and tourism industry
- Travel and tourism destinations
- Hospitality in travel and tourism
- Organising an event
- Work experience in travel and tourism
- Introduction to guided tours
- Know about airports and airlines
Upon completion of the course, you’ll gain the following qualifications:
What is expected of me?
For entry to this course, you'll need:
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade D or above, including either Maths/Numeracy or English/Welsh Language
- OR an appropriate Level 1 Diploma qualification in the relevant vocational area, including either GCSE Maths/Numeracy or English/Welsh Language grade.
What comes next?
After completing this course, you can gain employment in the travel and tourism industry, or progress to the next level to further develop your knowledge and skills:
- NCFE Level 3 Introductory Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- NCFE Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism.
Full time learners will be required to purchase a uniform which will cost between £90 and £140, as well as to pay for trips and visits during the course which will cost approximately £100.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team