Self-Service Password Reset
Users can securely self-reset and change their college login password. This means you no longer need to rely upon the ICT team to change it for you; you can do it yourself from anywhere and at any time via a secure Microsoft portal. It is not mandatory for you to sign up for this service, but we do encourage you to make use of it.
In order to be able to reset your password, you must first register for the service. This involves registering your personal e-mail address and/or mobile phone number. This information will be stored securely on the Microsoft cloud. It will only be used for the purpose of password reset and you can opt out of the service at any time by contacting ICT. Your information will be kept in line with the College’s retention schedule.
Before you start you will need access the following:
- a personal email account – this cannot be your Coleg Gwent email address
- access to a mobile phone
How to register
- Go to:
- You will be asked to confirm your existing password – just to prove it really is you setting this up
- Follow the instructions on screen
How to reset your password
- Make sure you have access to the email account and phone that you initially registered with
- Go to:
- Enter your college email address (e.g. ABC01234@coleggwent.ac.uk) in the User ID field
- You will now go through a two-step verification process – follow the instructions on screen
Once your password has been reset, please remember that you’ll need to update your credentials in other areas e.g. CG Connect App, eduroam etc.