Latest Estyn report & results
Our official inspection reports and results reflect the dedication and talent of our valued students and staff.
According to the 2018 Learner Outcomes Report published by the Welsh Government, Coleg Gwent:
- is one of the top performing colleges in Wales for the fourth year running
- ranks joint first for vocational qualifications
- ranks joint first for all main qualifications
- has had higher than national average pass rates for three years running
- has 18 different subject sector areas categorised as ‘excellent’ for main qualifications – no other college has achieved so many!
We’re also the first college in Wales to be judged ‘Good’ in everything we do according to Estyn’s (Her Majesty’s Inspectorate in Wales) new inspection framework (2018). Notably, the report identified the following strengths:
- the support we provide for learners, particularly vulnerable students
- our increasing success rates for vocational main qualifications
- providing suitable progression routes for our learners (in particular, incorporating feedback from local employers and regional skills priorities into our planning)
You can read the report online, or for more information on our latest A level results, click here.