Improve your employability skills
Our CG Ambitions team can offer guidance and advice to improve your employability skills, including:
- Career planning
- CV writing
- Interview techniques.
We also offer support on creating and developing new business concepts and offering links to external organisations to help you get the most out of your experience here at college – whether that’s signposting funding opportunities, work experience, internships or even industry talks.
You can book 1:1 slots for a more personal approach, ask for a group session, or we can visit you in class (timetable dependent).
See yourself as the next Richard Branson or Lord Sugar?
Both small businesses and large organisations depend on innovative minds and agile thinkers for success. So, as part of your full time course, we’ll look to give you the skills and thinking that makes great entrepreneurs.
- Over 130 industry specialists (guest speakers) coming into tutorial sessions to raise awareness and inspire students to start their own business
- Entrepreneurship competitions – including Big Ideas Wales Challenge, Stock Market Challenge, Tafflab Programme (to receive funding and mentorship)
- Global Enterprise Week showcasing the best in enterprise and entrepreneurship master classes
- Being part of the Valleys Innovation Project working with real life briefs with a range of businesses and organisations
- Three tutorial enrichment challenges – Enterprise and Employability, Community and Citizenship
- Personal enrichment through CG Extra
Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Annual Impact Review
At Coleg Gwent we aim to:
- Facilitate entrepreneurial ambition and support student businesses at every stage of their start-up journey
- Encourage the college community to provide an enterprising and supportive environment
- Inspire students with opportunities to meet and hear the stories of local entrepreneurs
- Develop and nurture learner capabilities, helping them to recognise and harness entrepreneurial traits they may not realise they already possess
- Motivate our students to follow their entrepreneurial ambitions and to regard self-employment as a realistic prospect.
Discover more about our impact in our 2019 Annual Impact Review