YMCA Diploma in Performance Massage Level 3
You can select another campus or date option from the list below:
In a nutshell
At Level 3, a Sports Massage Therapist's role includes planning, providing and evaluating sport massage treatments.
Treatments can be carried out for pre, post and inter-event or maintenance and restorative purposes, using a range of basic massage techniques. Scope of practice is restricted to working on dysfunctional tissue and excludes working on recent acute injuries or pre-existing conditions.
This qualification is endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the management of sport and physical activity (CIMSPA).
This course is for...
… Qualified fitness professionals
… Those wanting to specialise in sports fitness
… Anyone looking for a career as a sports massage therapist.
Areas of knowledge and understanding you’ll cover during this course include the following modules:
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- The principles of health and fitness
- The assessment and screening of clients
- The formulation of massage strategies
- Fundamental sports massage techniques
Skills relating to the qualification:
- Assessment and screening of clients for sports massage treatments
- Formulation of massage strategies in accordance with clients' requirements and expectations
- Application of fundamental sports massage techniques
- Evaluation of sports massage treatments
There are no formal pre-requisites for learners wishing to embark on the Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy.
Learners must be 19 years or older and it is helpful to have a keen interest in sport or health and fitness.
This is both a practical and theoretical qualification, so you'll gain hands-on experience to reinforce your theoretical knowledge.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team