Introduction to Plastering
Part Time Evening
City of Newport Campus
50% discount available to learners on a Means Tested Benefit
100% discount available to Under 19s dependent on course suitability.
19 September 2023
In a nutshell
A comprehensive introduction to plastering. Upon successful completion of this course you will receive an Able Skills Certificate to confirm the skills that you will have learned.
This course is for...
...you if you are looking to learn the basics of plastering.
During this plastering course you will learn:
- Health & Safety and PPE
- To cut and fix plaster board to walls and ceilings
- To tape standard and internal joints
- To cut and fix angle beads around windows and reveals
- To prepare surfaces before plastering using bonding plaster and finishing plaster, ensuring a flat finished surface ready for decorating
- To mix plastering materials
- To skim walls
- To skim ceilings
- To apply PVA adhesive Unibond to existing surfaces
There are no formal entry requirements.
Could lead onto Basic Maintenance Course to upskill knowledge in construction techniques.
After booking your course you have 14 days to change your mind and request a full refund. You can still request a refund after this date, but this will only be given if you meet the criteria from the college fee policy.
If your chosen course starts within 14 days of you booking your place, then the 14 day refund policy does not apply and any refund will be subject to the college fee policy.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team