City & Guilds Computer Aided Design (CAD) Level 2
You can select another campus or date option from the list below:
In a nutshell
Following on from the Level 1 qualification, this course consists of two different qualifications to develop your CAD skills even further.
This course is for...
…anyone following a career or with a keen interest in
Computer Aided Design.
There are two different qualifications that make up this course.
City & Guilds Level 2 Award in CAD – Parametric Modelling
- Complex sketching and 2D constraints to create features
- Create and edit work features and using complex feature commands
- Creating and modifying simple table driven parts and assemblies
- Using motion and driven assembly constraints
- Adding extra information to a drawing layout to aid the interpretation of design intent
- Creating presentation quality displays of parts and assemblies
City & Guilds Level 2 Award in CAD – 2D Computer Aided Design
This gives you with the basic understanding and principles of the 2D drawing environment in terms of hardware, software and physical surroundings, covering::
- Basic associated IT, CAD hardware and operating systems
- Key components of the software relating to the 2D drawing environment
- File management techniques
- Viewing commands and setting up the drawing space
- Basic drawing commands to produce drawings
- The co-ordinate system to create accurate drawings
- Hatch, text and simple dimensioning routines
- Basic drawing editing routines
After completing this course, you may move on to either the City & Guilds Level 3 CAD Parametric Modelling or City & Guilds Level 3 2D Computer Aided Design.
There are no formal requirements, but the successful completion of the City & Guilds Level 1 Award CAD Parametric Modelling qualification is a good starting point.
This course also has an open learning option.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team