City & Guilds Computer Aided Design (CAD) Level 2
Part Time Evening
City of Newport Campus
50% discount available to learners on a Means Tested Benefit
100% discount available to Under 19s dependent on course suitability.
Other fees may include any of the following: registrations, exam fees or any course materials
Please note, all advertised fees are for one year only, unless otherwise stated in the additional information below
09 January 2023
In a nutshell
Following on from the Level 1 qualification, this course consists of two different qualifications to develop your CAD skills even further.
This course is for...
…anyone following a career or with a keen interest in
Computer Aided Design.
There are two different qualifications that make up this course.
City & Guilds Level 2 Award in CAD – Parametric Modelling
- Complex sketching and 2D constraints to create features
- Create and edit work features and using complex feature commands
- Creating and modifying simple table driven parts and assemblies
- Using motion and driven assembly constraints
- Adding extra information to a drawing layout to aid the interpretation of design intent
- Creating presentation quality displays of parts and assemblies
City & Guilds Level 2 Award in CAD – 2D Computer Aided Design
This gives you with the basic understanding and principles of the 2D drawing environment in terms of hardware, software and physical surroundings, covering::
- Basic associated IT, CAD hardware and operating systems
- Key components of the software relating to the 2D drawing environment
- File management techniques
- Viewing commands and setting up the drawing space
- Basic drawing commands to produce drawings
- The co-ordinate system to create accurate drawings
- Hatch, text and simple dimensioning routines
- Basic drawing editing routines
After completing this course, you may move on to either the City & Guilds Level 3 CAD Parametric Modelling or City & Guilds Level 3 2D Computer Aided Design.
You’ll need to have passed the City & Guilds Level 1 Award CAD Parametric Modelling qualification.
This course also has an open learning option.
After booking your course you have 14 days to change your mind and request a full refund. You can still request a refund after this date, but this will only be given if you meet the criteria from the college fee policy.
If your chosen course starts within 14 days of you booking your place, then the 14 day refund policy does not apply and any refund will be subject to the college fee policy.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team