City & Guilds Computer Aided Design (CAD) Level 1
You can select another campus or date option from the list below:
In a nutshell
This course will give you an understanding of the CAD parametric modelling environment in terms of hardware, software and physical surroundings. The Computer Aided Design CAD course will allow you to choose from six further qualifications depending on your entry requirements and needs.
This course is for...
…anyone with an interest in Computer Aided Design.
The course allows you to explore the typical composition of a CAD parametric modelling system, and covers:
- Basic associated IT, CAD hardware and operating systems
- File management techniques
- Parametric modelling process, user interface and how to access help and tutorials
- Routines to create and constrain sketches
- Routines to produce extruded and revolved features
- Use of placed features to modify parametric models
- Routines to create assemblies
- Use of the drawing layout environment to produce hard copies
On completion you’ll achieve the City & Guilds Level 1 Award in CAD – Parametric Modelling, and can then move on to the Level 2 qualification.
There are no formal qualifications required.
Courses will run subject to minimum student numbers.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team