WJEC AS Level Health and Social Care Level 3
Blaenau Gwent Learning Zone
07 September 2023
Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English/Welsh 1st Language and Maths/Numeracy
In a nutshell
The new Health and Social Care A Level course offers a holistic learning experience, with the opportunity to learn about development and care of individuals throughout the life span from conception through to later adulthood.
This course is for you if...
...you want to work in the health and social care sectors
...you want to gain practical and theoretical knowledge
...you would like to follow the A level Pathways of Medicine, Social Sciences, Law or Humanities.
What will I be doing?
Within this popular qualification, you'll study four units and be assessed through course work and external exams.
Units may include:
- Promoting quality care and communication
- Promoting good health and wellbeing
- Supporting health, wellbeing and resilience in Wales
- Theoretical perspectives of adult behaviour
- Theoretical perspectives of children and young people's behaviour
- Supporting adults to maintain health, wellbeing and resilience
Upon completion of this course, you’ll achieve:
- AS/A2 Health & Social Care Level 3 - new WJEC specification
This A level course is only available on the Blaenau Gwent Learning Zone.
What is expected of me?
To enter this course, you’ll need a minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, including English/Welsh First Language and Maths/Maths Numeracy
What comes next?
The course offers a suitable foundation for employment in the health and social care sectors in a more general context, as well as for the study of health and social care at university.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team