NCFE/CACHE Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties Level 2
You can select another campus or date option from the list below:
Health, Care and Early Years
Part Time Evening
City of Newport Campus
50% discount available to learners on a Means Tested Benefit
100% discount available to Under 19s dependent on course suitability.
Other fees may include any of the following: registrations, exam fees or any course materials
Please note, all advertised fees are for one year only, unless otherwise stated in the additional information below
27 February 2024
In a nutshell
This qualification aims to give learners knowledge of different Specific Learning Difficulties, how they are diagnosed and how individuals can be supported. The qualification can be used by a wide range of learners looking to improve their knowledge and awareness in this subject area.
This course is for...
... teaching staff, care staff or anyone looking to build their knowledge of dyslexia and other learning difficulties.
... those working within healthcare, social care and education contexts.
The course consists of 5 mandatory units:
- Understand Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understand the Effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understand the Diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understanding Supporting Individuals With Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understand the Context of Specific Learning Difficulties
The course will be assessed by your tutor using a portfolio of evidence.
This is a knowledge-only qualification so you don't need to be currently working to study it.
Learners should be at least 19 years old
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism.
- Level 2 and 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care - Wales
- Level 2 and 3 Certificates in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 2 and 3 Diploma Children's Care, Learning and Development.
This course may be available at other dates, times or campuses, please click to view your options.
After booking your course you have 14 days to change your mind and request a full refund. You can still request a refund after this date, but this will only be given if you meet the criteria from the college fee policy.
If your chosen course starts within 14 days of you booking your place, then the 14 day refund policy does not apply and any refund will be subject to the college fee policy.
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team