YMCA Award in Instructing Kettlebell Training Sessions Level 2
In a nutshell
The aim of this qualification is to provide the learner with the skills required to plan, prepare and instruct kettlebell training, making the activities imaginative, progressive and effective.
This qualification is endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the management of sport and physical activity (CIMSPA).
This course is for...
... those who already have knowledge and skills in fitness instruction
... those who want to deliver training at a professionally competent level and to plan and deliver safe and effective kettlebell sessions.
This course is made up of two units:
- Planning kettlebell training session
- Instructing kettlebell training sessions
Elements of the course include:
- Understand the history and origins of kettlebell training
- Understand the benefits of kettlebell training
- Understand health and safety considerations for kettlebell training
- Understand how to incorporate kettlebell training into resistance sessions
- Be able to plan kettlebell training sessions
- Be able to prepare for kettlebell training sessions
- Be able to instruct kettlebell training
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to reflect on kettlebell training
- A suitable Level 2 (or higher) gym-based fitness instructing qualifications (e.g. YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing).
- Since the course requires physical exertion and individual participation, some degree of physical fitness is necessary.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team