City & Guilds Computer Aided Design (CAD) Level 3
You can select another campus or date option from the list below:
In a nutshell
To take your CAD skills to an advanced level, this course gives you a choice of 2D or 3D design options.
This course is for...
…anyone looking to progress their CAD skills to a higher level.
This advanced CAD course will teach you:
- Advanced features and parts modelling
- Advanced assembly modelling
- Link with external spreadsheets to create complex table driven parts and assemblies
- Advanced presentation graphics
It gives you the option to choose between 2D and 3D computer aided design, with either of the following:
City & Guilds Level 3 Award in CAD – 2D Computer Aided Design
This qualification includes:
- Layering system and different line type styles
- System for grouping objects to form blocks or libraries
- Isometric drawings within the 2D environment
- Co-ordinate system based on user requirements
- Complex dimensioning routines
- Drawing spaces and complex multi viewing areas
- Complex drawing and editing routines
- Produce hard copies of drawings
City & Guilds Level 3 Award in CAD – 3D Computer Aided Design
This qualification will develop your ability to apply drafting procedures to create and modify existing 3D objects, either surfaces or solids, at any position within three dimensional space.
- Routines to set the 3D modelling environment
- Create and use working planes in the 3D modelling environment
- Construct 3D models using the best available method – surface or solid modelling
- Edit and manipulate 3D solid and surface objects
- View 3D model in a variety of display formats
- Print/plot/export 3D models
Once you’ve completed your chosen qualification, you could progress on to either:
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in CAD – Parametric Modelling - use attained skills in the working environment
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in CAD – 2D Computer Aided Design to City & Guilds Level 1 – CAD Parametric Modelling
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in CAD – 3D Computer Aided Design - use attained skills in the working environment
To enrol on this course, you’ll need to have either of the following combinations:
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in CAD – 2D Computer Aided Design - City & Guilds Level 2 – 2D Computer Aided Design or relevant experience
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in CAD – 3D Computer Aided Design - City & Guilds Level 3 – 2D Computer Aided Design or relevant experience
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team