• https://www.coleggwent.ac.uk/january

For more information or to apply for any of our courses

01495 333777

How to apply

How to Apply at Coleg Gwent International, South Wales

How to apply 

Before you apply:

The UKVI (UK Visa and Immigration) require you to have both of the following before applying for a Tier 4 General Visa:

1. SELT (Secure English Language Test) 

A certificate demonstrating your level of English with the appropriate score obtained.  Find out more at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-applying-for-uk-visa-approved-english-language-tests


2. Maintenance Money 

Currently £8,000.00 is needed by you to demonstrate to the UKVI that you have the funds to live outside London for the first year of your course. This can be held by your parents or yourself.  In addition you will also need to show that you have the course fee.

If you have the above requirements then you can submit an application form to the International office at international@coleggwent.ac.uk  


How to apply to Coleg Gwent

Step 1 

Complete the International application form


Step 2 

Submit the application form with the following information for processing (this information can be scanned electronically):

• A copy of your current valid passport 

• All your educational certificates from school, college or university

• A copy of your SELT


Step 3

Your application form will be processed and a SKYPE interview will be arranged.


Step 4

We will offer you a place on the course – you will need to formally accept the offer.


Step 5

Submit the following to the International team:

• Tuberculosis Certificate if required 

• Bank account information and pay your deposit (50% of the course fee)


Step 6 

Once we received and processed all of this we will issue you CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies) with all the relevant course details.




Share this page