YMCA Intensive Certificate in Fitness Instruction - Mandatory Units Level 2
In a nutshell
This intensive course is ideal if you have a keen interest in working in the health and fitness industry, or if you work as a fitness instructor in the context of gym-based exercise, exercise to music or group instruction.
This course is for...
...people looking to begin their pathway into the fitness industry
…anyone with a keen interest in health and fitness
The mandatory units include:
- Anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise.
The practical units include:
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare gym-based exercise programmes
This an intensive theory and practical course that will be assessed by a multi-choice exam and practical assessment.
There are no formal entry requirements although learners will need a keen interest in fitness instruction based activities; practical participation is essential. Candidates must be aged 16 or over.
The mandatory unit course typically runs on a Saturday over two weekends.
Why not continue studying and choose from one of our courses below:
- Level 2 gym practical
- Level 2 group cycling
- Level 2 exercise to music
- Level 2 instructing circuit session
- Level 3 personal training (practitioner)
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information