YMCA Intensive Certificate in Fitness Instruction - Mandatory Units Level 2
In a nutshell
This intensive course is ideal if you have a keen interest in working in the health and fitness industry, or if you work as a fitness instructor in the context of gym-based exercise, exercise to music or group instruction.
This course is for...
...heating engineers to get up-to-speed on the latest regulations
…learning the practical skills in heating engineering
The mandatory units include:
- Anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
The practical units include:
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare gym-based exercise programmes
This an intensive theory and practical course that will be assessed by a multi-choice exam and practical assessment.
There are no formal entry requirements although learners will need a keen interest in fitness instruction based activities; practical participation is essential.
Why not continue studying and choose form one of our courses below:
- Level 3 personal training (full or part time)
- Level 2 group cycling
- Level 2 exercise to music
- Level 2 exercise and physical activity for children
- Level 2 instructing circuit session
…or gain employment in the fitness industry.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Call 01495 333 777 to speak to our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to changePrint course information