YMCA Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy Level 3
In a nutshell
At Level 3, a Sports Massage Therapist's role includes planning, providing and evaluating sport massage treatments.
Treatments can be carried out for pre, post and inter-event or maintenance and restorative purposes, using a range of basic massage techniques. Scope of practice is restricted to working on dysfunctional tissue and excludes working on recent acute injuries or pre-existing conditions.
This qualification is endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the management of sport and physical activity (CIMSPA).
This course is for...
… Qualified fitness professionals
… Those wanting to specialise in sports fitness
… Anyone looking for a career as a sports massage therapist.
Areas of knowledge and understanding you’ll cover during this course include the following modules:
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- The principles of health and fitness
- The assessment and screening of clients
- The formulation of massage strategies
- Fundamental sports massage techniques
Skills relating to the qualification:
- Assessment and screening of clients for sports massage treatments
- Formulation of massage strategies in accordance with clients' requirements and expectations
- Application of fundamental sports massage techniques
- Evaluation of sports massage treatments
There are no formal pre-requisites for learners wishing to embark on the Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy.
Learners must be 16 years or older and it is helpful to have a keen interest in sport or health and fitness.
This is both a practical and theoretical qualification, so you'll gain hands-on experience to reinforce your theoretical knowledge.
Have any questions or are not sure if this is the right course for you?
Contact our Student Recruitment team
All courses may be subject to change and cancelled if deemed not viable to run.Print course information